We're spotlighting Colorado nonprofit leaders to foster a connection with Changemakers looking to serve in our
Community Connection Events!
Upcoming Community Connection Events
Episode Available: Date TBD
In our next Community Connection Episode, we'll take a closer look at how
Athena Project impacts social justice work in Colorado.
Full Schedule of Topics for 2021 Events
Plan ahead for our upcoming event topics!
- March: Hunger & Homelessness View the recording.
- April: Environment View the recording.
- May: Mental Health View the recording.
- June: Youth Volunteering View the recording.
- July: break until August
- August: Social Justice Coming Soon!
- September: American Indian/Hispanic Heritage Month Coming Soon!
- October: Health Coming Soon!
- November: Aging Population Coming Soon!
- December: Toy, Clothing, & In-Kind Donation Drives Coming Soon!
What is it?
Spark The Change Colorado is pleased to announce this new endeavor in our efforts to connect our wonderful community of members and volunteers. Following the monthly themes of our Community Connection Events (listed above), we will be creating promotional videos for participating member organizations, which will be posted to our YouTube channel and shared throughout our networks and social channels.
Participating organizations will be interviewed by Spark The Change Colorado, via Zoom, where they will answer questions regarding the organization’s mission, impact, goals, and volunteer needs to build understanding among volunteers. Volunteers will also be given an opportunity to ask their own questions to the organization, to be addressed in the interview.
Episodes will be packed with information, questions, and stories related to the impact and purpose of our members' work throughout Colorado communities.
Interested in being a presenting organization for future Community Connection Events? Contact Us Today to find out how! See the Upcoming Events below for planned themes.
Looking for opportunities specific to your interests and talents? Want to learn more about an organization's mission with the chance to ask them questions directly? Consider following our new Community Connection Event Series!
Each event will center around a specific Impact Area. Looking to stay up to date on upcoming events? Join our Volunteer Email List!
Have questions for an upcoming presenting organization? Ask them in our Google Form! (link coming soon)
The Impact Area focus for our next Community Connection Event will be: Social Justice
- Are you interested in volunteer opportunities that make a social or civic impact?
- Are you interested in supporting nonprofits in your local community that are doing this work?
- Do you have specific questions or concerns? Stay tuned!
In order to be eligible to participate in these spotlight events, your organization must be a member of Spark The Change Colorado and post volunteer opportunities on the Spark The Change Colorado website. If you are not a member with us, become a member today to access benefits and resources to recruit volunteers near you!
If you choose to participate, a representative from your organization will be interviewed by Spark The Change Colorado via Zoom, where they will answer questions regarding the organization’s mission, impact, goals, and volunteer needs to build understanding among volunteers. Volunteers will also be given an opportunity to ask their own questions to the organization, to be addressed in the interview.
A recording of this interview, along with up to 5 minutes of additional content* provided by your organization, will be compiled by Spark The Change Colorado to create a promotional video for your organization to be posted on our YouTube channel. *Additional Content: Provide additional resources you feel best represents your organization, that you would like to see in the video. (may include: video or pictures from volunteer events, an interview with volunteers or other staff, a recorded facility tour, etc.) Feel free to get creative and have fun! Any additional media is optional and will be due via email 1 week before scheduled release date.
Possible interview topics may include:
- What does your organization do, and most specifically, how you address the event impact area?
- Tell a special story about a volunteer experience at your organization. Maybe a volunteer revolutionized a process, maybe they were the star of the staff, etc.
- Where do you need help? Do you need board members? Skilled volunteers, like an admin assistant, marketing, someone to write newsletters? Do you have virtual opportunities or in person?
- What requirements do you have for volunteers? Do they need background checks? Do they need to attend an orientation or training before they start? What kind of commitment are you looking for?
- What are the age requirements? Can a volunteer bring their family with children? Can a volunteer sign up their colleagues from work as a team?
- Are you able to accommodate volunteers with disabilities? If so, which disabilities and what do those volunteers need to know?
- Is there any other information specific to your organization that would be helpful for good for volunteers and other organizations to know!
Contact Us Today to Learn More!
Past Event Recordings
Hunger & Homelessness: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 12:00pm- 1:00pm MST Virtual via Zoom
Environment: Friday, April 23rd, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom
Mental Health: Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom
Youth Volunteering: Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom