We're rolling out a few new programs, resources, and benefits in 2021, and one that we're most excited about is our new
Community Connection Events!
What is it?
Think of these as mini, virtual volunteer fairs! We invite 3-5 member organizations that address a specific impact area to present to an audience of select volunteers who are near the volunteer site and have expressed an interest in or have the skills organizations have requested. See below for details on our next Community Connection Event!
Looking for opportunities specific to your interests and talents? Want to learn more about an organization in real time with the chance to ask them questions directly? Consider attending our Community Connection Events!
Registration for potential volunteers is free and each event will include member organizations centered around a specific Impact Area. The event is held via Zoom, so everyone is able to safely attend! Looking to stay up to date on upcoming events? Join our Volunteer Email List!
The Impact Area focus for our first Community Connection Event will be: Hunger & Homelessness.
- Are you interested in volunteer work that helps families in your community access food services?
- Are you interested in impacting individuals experiencing homelessness?
- Do you have specific skills or interests around hunger & homelessness topics?
Presentation at our Community Connection Events is an included benefit for all Spark the Change Premium Members! Basic Members are also invited to present, for a small fee. If you are not a member with us, become a member today to access benefits and resources to recruit volunteers near you!
Each organization will have 10-15 minutes to present. We can organize screen sharing capabilities so that you can present visuals if you'd like - though not required. We will share a screen with your website and your contact information. If you have posted any of your volunteer needs on the Spark website, we will share those too. I recommend posting those opportunities prior to the event so we can point volunteers to contact you directly or sign up online.
Presenting organizations will have the opportunity to connect directly with volunteers looking to give. The event audience will be composed of select volunteers who are within the vicinity of your organization and has expressed an interest in your work. Topics to consider touching on in your presentation include:
- What does your organization do, and most specifically, how you address the event impact area?
- Tell a special story about a volunteer experience at your organization. Maybe a volunteer revolutionized a process, maybe they were the star of the staff, etc.
- Where do you need help? Do you need board members? Skilled volunteers, like an admin assistant, marketing, someone to write newsletters? Do you have virtual opportunities or in person?
- What requirements do you have for volunteers? Do they need background checks? Do they need to attend an orientation or training before they start? What kind of commitment are you looking for?
- What are the age requirements? Can a volunteer bring their family with children? Can a volunteer sign up their colleagues from work as a team?
- Are you able to accommodate volunteers with disabilities? If so, which disabilities and what do those volunteers need to know?
- Is there any other information specific to your organization that would be helpful for good for volunteers and other organizations to know?
Contact Us Today to Learn More!
Upcoming Community Connection Events
Wednesday, March 24th, 2021
12:00pm- 1:00pm MST
Virtual via Zoom
Volunteers Register Here for FREE
Interested in being a presenting organization for future Community Connection Events? Contact Us Today to find out how!