We're spotlighting Colorado nonprofit leaders to foster a connection with Changemakers looking to serve in our Community Connection Series. The goal of this series is to Spark Learning, Collaboration, and Engagement, one issue area at a time.
What is it?
Spark The Change Colorado is pleased to announce this new endeavor in our efforts to connect our wonderful community of members and volunteers. Following the monthly themes of our Community Connection Episodes, we will be holding discussion panels of nonprofit experts who will take a deeper dive into the causes, impacts, and solutions to our communities' toughest challenges. Recordings will be posted to our YouTube channel and shared throughout our networks and social channels.
Participating organizations will answer questions examining the root causes of their designated issue area, as well as how their organization's mission, work, and volunteer power produces a lasting impact. They may also provide additional copy, photos, videos, music, etc. to be included, with all editing done by Spark staff. Episodes will be packed with information, questions, and stories related to the impact and purpose of our members' work throughout Colorado communities.
Interested in being a presenting organization for future Community Connection Episodes? Contact Us Today to find out how! See the Upcoming Events below for planned themes.
Looking for opportunities specific to your interests and talents? Want to learn more about an organization's mission with the chance to ask them questions directly? Consider following our new Community Connection Series!
Each episode will center around a specific Impact Area. Looking to stay up to date on upcoming events? Join our Volunteer Email List!
- Are you interested in volunteer opportunities that impact certain cultures and communities?
- Are you interested in supporting nonprofits in your local community that are doing this work?
- Do you have specific questions or concerns? Stay tuned!
In order to be eligible to participate in the series, your organization must be a member of Spark The Change Colorado and post volunteer opportunities on the Spark The Change Colorado website. If you are not a member with us, become a member today to access benefits and resources to recruit volunteers near you!
If you choose to participate, a representative from your organization will participate in a panel via Zoom, where they will answer questions regarding the organization’s work, mission, impact, goals, and volunteer needs. Volunteers will also be given an opportunity to ask their own questions to the organization, to be addressed in the panel. A recording of the panel, along with up to 5 minutes of additional content* will be posted to our YouTube channel and shared out to all our networks.
*Additional Content: You may provide additional resources you feel best represent your organization. Materials may include: video or pictures from volunteer events, an interview with volunteers or other staff, a recorded facility tour, etc. Feel free to get creative and have fun! Any additional media is optional and will be due via email 1 week before scheduled release date.
Possible interview topics may include:
- What does your organization do, and most specifically, how you address the event impact area?
- Tell a special story about a volunteer experience at your organization. Maybe a volunteer revolutionized a process, maybe they were the star of the staff, etc.
- Where do you need help? Do you need board members? Skilled volunteers, like an admin assistant, marketing, someone to write newsletters? Do you have virtual opportunities or in person?
- What requirements do you have for volunteers? Do they need background checks? Do they need to attend an orientation or training before they start? What kind of commitment are you looking for?
- What are the age requirements? Can a volunteer bring their family with children? Can a volunteer sign up their colleagues from work as a team?
- Are you able to accommodate volunteers with disabilities? If so, which disabilities and what do those volunteers need to know?
- Is there any other information specific to your organization that would be helpful for good for volunteers and other organizations to know!
Contact Us Today to Learn More!
Past Event Recordings
December 9th, 2021
Health: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver
Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
Health: Rehabilitative Rhythms
Thurday, October 14th, 2021
Social Justice: Envision:You
Monday, August 30th, 2021
Social Justice: Athena Project
Thursday, August 26th, 2021
Hunger & Homelessness: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 12:00pm- 1:00pm MST Virtual via Zoom
Environment: Friday, April 23rd, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom
Mental Health: Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom
Youth Volunteering: Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom