We're connecting Colorado nonprofit leaders directly with Changemakers looking to serve with our new
Community Connection Events!
What is it?
Think of these as mini, virtual volunteer fairs! We invite 3-5 member organizations that address a specific impact area to present to an audience of select volunteers who are near the volunteer site and have expressed an interest in or have the skills organizations have requested.
Interested in being a presenting organization for future Community Connection Events? Contact Us Today to find out how! See the Upcoming Events below for planned themes.
Looking for opportunities specific to your interests and talents? Want to learn more about an organization in real time with the chance to ask them questions directly? Consider attending our Community Connection Events!
Registration for potential volunteers is free and each event will include member organizations centered around a specific Impact Area. The event is held via Zoom, so everyone is able to safely attend! Looking to stay up to date on upcoming events? Join our Volunteer Email List!
The Impact Area focus for our next Community Connection Event will be: Mental Health on Tuesday, May 18th, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm
- Are you interested in volunteer work that helps preserve and protect the environment?
- Are you interested in conservation or clean up efforts in your local community?
- Do you have specific skills or interests around environmental topics?
Presentation at our Community Connection Events is an included benefit for all Spark the Change Members! If you are not a member with us, become a member today to access benefits and resources to recruit volunteers near you!
Each organization will have 10-15 minutes to present. We can organize screen sharing capabilities so that you can present visuals if you'd like - though not required. We will share a screen with your website and your contact information. If you have posted any of your volunteer needs on the Spark website, we will share those too. I recommend posting those opportunities prior to the event so we can point volunteers to contact you directly or sign up online.
Presenting organizations will have the opportunity to connect directly with volunteers looking to give. The event audience will be composed of select volunteers who are within the vicinity of your organization and has expressed an interest in your work. Topics to consider touching on in your presentation include:
- What does your organization do, and most specifically, how you address the event impact area?
- Tell a special story about a volunteer experience at your organization. Maybe a volunteer revolutionized a process, maybe they were the star of the staff, etc.
- Where do you need help? Do you need board members? Skilled volunteers, like an admin assistant, marketing, someone to write newsletters? Do you have virtual opportunities or in person?
- What requirements do you have for volunteers? Do they need background checks? Do they need to attend an orientation or training before they start? What kind of commitment are you looking for?
- What are the age requirements? Can a volunteer bring their family with children? Can a volunteer sign up their colleagues from work as a team?
- Are you able to accommodate volunteers with disabilities? If so, which disabilities and what do those volunteers need to know?
- Is there any other information specific to your organization that would be helpful for good for volunteers and other organizations to know!
Contact Us Today to Learn More!
Full Schedule of Topics for 2021 Events
Plan ahead for our upcoming event topics!
- March: Hunger & Homelessness Success! Missed it? View the recording.
- April: Environment April 23rd View the recording.
- May: Mental Health May 18th, Register Now!
- June: Youth Volunteering June 23rd, Register Now!
- July: Planning to Volunteer for the Holidays Coming Soon!
- August: Social Justice Coming Soon!
- September: American Indian/Hispanic Heritage Month Coming Soon!
- October: Health Coming Soon!
- November: Aging Population Coming Soon!
- December: Toy, Clothing, & In-Kind Donation Drives Coming Soon!
Upcoming Community Connection Events
May 18th, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST)
Virtual via Zoom
More organizations will be announced shortly
Interested in being a presenting organization for this or future Community Connection Events? Contact Us Today to find out how!
Coming Soon- June
Virtual via Zoom
Volunteer Register FREE Link Coming Soon
Organizations will be announced shortly
Past Event Recordings
Hunger & Homelessness: Wednesday, March 24th, 2021 12:00pm- 1:00pm MST Virtual via Zoom
Environment: Friday, April 23rd, 2021 from Noon-1:15pm (MST), Virtual via Zoom
*Copy & Paste the following Passcode for Access: J7al%XSV