Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Mentor with Minds Matter at Dr. Martin Luther King Early College
Minds Matter is on a mission to ensure that ability, not access, determines post-secondary academic success for Denver high school students. Our program connects high-performing students who face significant barriers to college access (low-income, foster, refugees, etc) with the relationships and resources they need to achieve their academic
As a result, our graduates keep it :
- 100% attend a summer college prep program
- 100% high-school on time
- 100% are accepted to a four-year accredited college or university (with guaranteed admissions and efforts to meet 100% of financial need at the University of Colorado - Denver (an unprecedented partnership nationwide).
- 100% receive scholarships
WE ARE NOW RECRUITING MENTORS for the next school year to support programming at three different sites: Central Denver, Southeast Denver, and Far Northeast Denver. We've found good Mentors have the following characteristics, among others:
- Drive: to make a tangible, identifiable difference in the future of our city and state by helping kids who should be going to college, but most likely wouldn't without our organization's support;
- Commitment: to the students, and to three years of weekly sessions during the school year (Mondays from 6:00pm-8:00pm - that ends up being 29-30 weeks of sessions); and
- Openness: to new experiences, new learning, and questioning assumptions.
The expectation is that Mentors stick around for three years with their students, so Mentors who start this fall will graduate with their mentees in May 2022. We know that occasionally folks have life changes/new jobs/location changes and can't stick to the commitment, but we have 95% retention of Mentors year over year.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: