Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:18+
Raise the Roof- Warrior House Makover: Stracener Family
Warrior House Makeover
Rehab Day: 2/22-2/23, 2020
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Provide materials and install new roof for Warrior House Makeover
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Roof provider coordinates all aspects of the Houses for Warriors’ construction and building activities pertaining to the roof . This position is responsible to oversee construction and coordinate work activities on the construction site, support Crew Chiefs by ensuring scheduled work/materials are available for volunteer, be a servant-leader in teaching and mentoring partner families and volunteers in construction activities.
This is a volunteer leadership position whose primary responsibility is volunteer construction training, site safety, and coordination of home construction at the build site from start to completion. It is a people-oriented role, providing leadership to train, encourage and empower volunteers. The Construction Training and Project Manager is self-motivated and self-directed, working under the general guidance of the Executive Director and Construction Management Committee to accomplish the strategic goals of the affiliate. Most importantly the Construction Training and Project Manager must demonstrate belief in Houses for Warriors’ philosophy and be able to confidently communicate Houses for Warriors’ mission to the community. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
· Be a motivated team of professionals with a strong belief in Houses for Warriors’ mission
· Have a minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in all aspects of roofconstruction
· Have strong interpersonal and customer service skills
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills
· Work effectively both as an individual [corporate] contributor as well as part of the Houses for Warriors' team
· Be able to lead and coordinate people and activities well
· Have a reliable vehicle and current CO state drivers’ license (to travel to and from the worksite)
· Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the basic job activities and responsibilities
ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibility of the Roof Provider is to provide all materials and coordinate and lead volunteer(s) subcontractors to complete roof construction activities as defined in the Warrior House Makeover building schedule. In order to achieve this, the Designated Raise the Roof Team- Supervisor will:
· Be on the worksite or ensure Crew Chief coverage of roof construction activities from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM on scheduled work days (Friday through Sunday)
· Maintain required training, including first aid, CPR, and other construction and craft training needed to support the build schedule
· Coordinate with the Materials and Services Coordinator to ensure needed supplies and materials are available on-site as needed to support the build schedule
· Provide written daily reports on work accomplished, work to be performed and supplies/materials/ volunteers needed
· Ensure permits and inspections are completed as needed to support the schedule
· In cooperation with the Site Building Committee and the Volunteer Coordinator, develop and maintain comprehensive work lists and schedules for roof under construction.
· Track daily construction activities to build schedule to ensure projects are completed as scheduled
· Organize and lead safety meetings for volunteers and partnering families
· Perform follow-up reviews on any construction site accidents/injuries to develop Lessons Learned to prevent recurrence
· Work with Site Project Manager to identify and recruit long-term volunteer site supervisors
· Attend weekly staff meetings as scheduled
· Maintain a professional and courteous relationships with volunteers, staff, partnering families, and community partners
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: