Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:14+
Summer Teen Volunteer
Looking for something fun to do this summer? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in a museum? Sign up to volunteer for History Colorado’s Summer Teen Volunteer Program! Volunteers will provide customer service to visitors in our atrium John Denver Experience summer pop-up installation . Assist visitors as they explore Colorado's environment and music scene, facilitate fun interactives, and help tell stories about John Denver and Colorado. Volunteers will be asked to assist with our summer camp program activities for one week during the summer!
Each summer teen volunteer will also be tasked with imagining what they would do in a similar type of installation and present that idea at our end of summer celebration event.
- Assist visitors in using the interactive exhibit elements and make & take crafts
- Interact with visitors of all ages and provide excellent customer service
- Gain knowledge of Colorado music scene, environment, and history to share with visitors
- Organize and maintain the interactive components in the display
- Work independently to create a presentation about what you imagine could be a great future atrium installation
- Assist with summer camp activities during your selected week
- Attend end of Summer Celebration event ( July 31, 2020)
Summer Teen Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be 14-18 years of age
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of various ages and backgrounds
- Available to commit to 1 shift/week from May 30 - August 9, 2020 (shifts are available daily from 11 AM - 2 PM). Each teen will also select one week during the summer (M-F) to commit to supporting the summer camp.
**Able to attend the mandatory orientation/training on May 26th, 2020 from 4 - 5 PM
To apply visit:
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: