Age Minimum (with Adult): 14+, Minimum Age:18+
Essential Service- Emergency Food Distribution
As an organization focused on supporting well being in our community, Metro Caring sits at the front lines of the current COVID-19 pandemic and is the number one anti-hunger organization in Denver. We are committed to staying open to help families and older individuals put healthy food on the table.
COVID-19 Volunteers Guidelines
We are looking for volunteers who can help support us as we ensure our community has access to healthy and nutritious food. Please find our current volunteer guidelines below.
1. Per CDC risk guidelines, we are only accepting volunteers who are 64 or younger and healthy. Volunteers who have a medical condition like heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, or are immune compromised should not come in to volunteer for at least the next 8 weeks. If you are over 64 years of age or older we ask you do not visit Metro Caring at this time.
2. We are seeking fewer volunteers for more frequent shifts to reduce the risk of exposure. Can you volunteer for 3 or more shifts a week?
3.People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported - ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms or combinations of these symptoms may have COVID-19: cough, fever, sneezing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, shortness of breath, muslce pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or sense of smell should not apply to volunteer at this time. Volunteers who have been exposed to or are symptomatic for the virus are not eligible until your quarantine period is over and you have been cleared by a doctor.
4. Metro Caring will continue normal hours but we are distributing pre-packed boxes. We have implemented a Drive-Thru and Walk up food distribution for the time being.
5. If you are coming in to volunteer we ask that you only volunteer for one shift- either morning (8:30 am - 12 pm), afternoon (12:05 - 3 pm), Tuesday evenings (5:30 - 8 pm) and Sundays (10 am - 1 pm) and not a full day. This is to ensure that we are not compromising our safety and minimizing exposure.
6. A mask is required to enter our building. Please come with a mask or some form of face covering to all shifts.
If you are able and interested in volunteering please sign-up at the link below. This is to ensure we have enough volunteers but are still adhering to 'social distancing' and keeping everyone safe.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: