Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:18+
How can you help your friends and neighbors who are encouraged to stay home during the Safer at Home orders to protect against the COVID-19 virus?
Apply to become a Broomfield Pal!
Help friends and neighbors by offering connection and assistance during the COVID-19 public health crisis. Assistance should be virtual if possible, and if not possible, must be no contact. What does that mean? If dropping off a package or delivery, utilize porch pick up. If arranging a sidewalk show or check-in chat, arrange to have the resident stay inside their home and choose a location that can be seen via the window. Get creative and chat via phone while you can see each other outside a window or doorway!
No matter what, maintaining the health and safety of all Broomfield Pals is the number one priority of being a good community member!
Please fill out this application if you or your family are able to assist one of your Broomfield neighbors. You will be matched with a neighbor as close to your home as possible. Here are just a few examples of services that could be provided by volunteers.
- Lawn maintenance (mowing, weeding, etc.)
- Plant / maintain a garden
- Virtual coffee or lunch dates
- Other needs as they arise
These are the expectations of a Broomfield Pals volunteer:
- Fill out the volunteer application and liability waiver.
- Complete a background check (for each person 18+) through a link that will be emailed directly to you from Background Information Services (BIS).
- Be matched with a Broomfield neighbor and find ways to safely connect with that person.
- Find creative ways to connect through phone calls, face-time, dropping off and picking up items without placing our most vulnerable at risk even from 6 feet apart.
- Stay up to date on all Broomfield Public Health Orders and to fully comply with the requirements and suggestions set forth in the Orders. Visit Broomfield.org/COVID for updates, and subscribe to the City eNewsletter for updates in your inbox.
Residents and volunteers will be notified via email once a match is made!
Questions?: Email email@example.com
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: