Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
Warehouse Support Dock Volunteer
Summary: A Precious Child's is looking for volunteers to assist our warehouse mangers in our Donation Center working in our donation receiving area. Volunteers in this area will be fully trained in our largest program Precious Essentials. They will then be trained on our donation process, learning the donated items that we will and will not accept. The volunteers main goal will be to work the dock area accepting incoming donations, providing great customer service, answering general questions, and providing tax receipts with organizational information to all donors. These volunteers will also be trained on Donation Center stations so they can work in other areas if the dock is closed or not being used. However, once donors approach the dock area with donations or questions they would leave their station and assist on the dock.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist Warehouse Manager in taking incoming donations in the dock area.
- Answering donor questions.
- Providing fantastic customer service that represents A Precious Child well.
- Gain a full understanding of the donated items A Precious can accept and the items we cannot.
- Providing donors with tax receipts.
- Redirecting donors to staff members if they have a question or concern the volunteer cannot handle.
- Volunteer will be trained in other area inside the Donation Center to be able assist in other areas as needed.
- Have a friendly and welcoming demeanor to clients, volunteers, partners, donors and staff.
- Be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Have reliable transportation to A Precious Child.
- Have reliable communication tools such as cell phone, email, and/or access to a computer.
- Be able to take initiative and be detail-oriented.
- Must be able to commit to the required schedule for the position.
Training & Supervision:
- Complete Volunteer Waiver Form.
- Complete Volunteer Orientation with Volunteer Department.
- Complete the interview process with Donation Center Manager.
- Training will be provided by Donation Center Manager.
- With the level of training this volunteer is required to work at least two three hour shifts a week.
- Volunteer shifts could be offered Tuesday and Thursday from 11AM-3PM.
- Volunteer shifts could also be offered Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11AM-3PM.
- Times could be adjusted a bit to meet volunteer needs.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: