Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Member, Board of Directors, Focus Points Family Resource Center
POSITION TITLE: Member, Board of Directors
TERM LENGTH: Three years, renewable for a second term
RESPONSIBLE TO: Entire Board
GENERAL PURPOSE: As a collective body, the board governs the organization, assures adherence to all laws, and is accountable to the public. The board has the overall responsibility for the organization and is charged with supervision and oversight.
1. Support the mission and oversee programs and services aligned with the mission.
2. Actively assess processes and decisions to ensure racial equity.
3. Select, support and evaluate the Executive Director.
4. Ensure organizational effectiveness through a strategic planning process and periodic review.
5. Ensure adequate financial resources to assure delivery of programs and services in support of the mission.
6. Approve an annual budget/provide regular financial oversight.
7. Ensure that effective operational policies are in place.
8. Assess Board structure and process to fulfill the organization’s mission.
9. Assure compliance with local, state, federal laws and regulations.
10. Select appropriate successors to serve on the Board and its committees.
11. Act as a goodwill ambassador for the organization.
EXPECTATIONS OF INDIVIDUAL BOARD MEMBERS:
An individual plan will be tailored to reflect your skills and interests; there is a high expectation that you will assist with resourcing the organization through a variety of strategies. Annually, each board member is encouraged and expected to make every reasonable effort to:
• Demonstrated commitment to communities of color, Latinx, Immigrant, Refugee and Asylum-seeking populations.
• Contribute to anti-racist work.
• Attend at least 75% of monthly board meetings.
• Make a meaningful annual financial contribution.
• Attend and/or participate in Focus Points events.
• Serve on a minimum of one committee or task force and attend at least 75% of scheduled committee meetings.
Time Commitment: Approximately 3-4 hours per month.
SPECIFICALLY SEEKING THESE SKILLS AND CONNECTIONS:
• Equity and Inclusion practices
• Human resources expertise
• Monitoring and planning – financial position and health
• Early Childhood Education
• Adult Education
• Workforce Development
• Small business or Social Enterprise
Next Step: To schedule an information interview to learn more about Focus Points, please contact Executive Director, Jules Kelty: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: