Age Minimum (with Adult): 12+, Minimum Age:18+, Sterling Volunteers Level: Level 1
Colorado House Helper!
We are in need of your support to organize our new shopping space for Partner families at Colorado House, and to keep it sparkling along the way! We are very excited to have this location for families to browse, as it is far more accessible to mothers in the program who need to frequently restock on diapers for babies, food for their family, and hygiene items. Partners in Housing offers all donated items from the community to families in the program for free, and Colorado House Helpers allow for Partner families to "shop" the donations in a dignified manner.
Partner families are families that are currently enrolled in the Partners in Housing program, and often times are single homeless mothers escaping domestic violence situations. When Partner Families are shopping in Colorado House, you are giving mothers in the Colorado Springs community a chance to rebuild their home and work towards stability, self-reliance, and prosperity.
Colorado House Helper Volunteer Hours:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 10:00am and 3:00pm
There are TWO shifts per day: 10:00am-12:30pm, and 12:30pm- 3:00pm
- Unpacking and unboxing pre-sorted donations
- Upkeep an organized shopping area
- Put out items on shelves and hangers
What items are available for Partners at the Colorado House?
- Pantry Food: Fresh, canned, and frozen!
- Hygiene Products: For parents and kiddos!
- Baby Specific Furniture
- Baby Clothes
- Sheets, Towels, and Blankets
- Kitchen Supplies
- 6ft Social Distancing
- Face masks are required in shared spaces
- Partner families are required to wear masks
- Gloves are provided
- Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer provided
- Restroom is right by the entrance to wash hands
- Open door for fresh air flow
Volunteers must complete paperwork, background check, and initial training prior to their first shift.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: