Age Minimum (with Adult): 1+, Minimum Age:17+
Jeffco Eats - Pack Weekend Food - Friday
Help Jeffco Eats provide non-perishable food to families in our community facing financial challenges and food insecurity. We need up to 20 HEALTHY people every Friday to help with the following activities:
- pack doubled grocery bags with 7-9 items; total 300-700 per week
- help move food we are packing from our storage room to the pack room
- open packaging, break down boxes
- may also be asked to help unload trucks or help move stored food to packing area
- vacuum floors if we pack inside, sweep parking lot, if we pack outside and wipe tables before and after
We meet every Friday at Hope Crossing Church, 3000 S. Wadsworth Blvd, Denver, CO 80227 from 9a-12p. Please park on the south side of the church, next to the storage place. Parking is free and ample. Small groups and older children are welcome with an adult. We either pack outside under a big awning, or inside in a large room, but we observe social-distancing guidelines. Please bring your own mask, or we will provide you with one! Gloves will be provided. Wear casual/comfy work clothes, closed-toed shoes are recommended. NOTE: Temperatures will be taken.
Again, groups are welcome, but please contact Beth, Volunteer Coordinator at (303) 882-1106; firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a specific date, especially if your group would like to reserve all the slots for that day.
If you sign up and become ill, please stay home and contact Beth Koehler immediately so a replacement can be found: (303) 882-1106; email@example.com
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: