Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Public Relations Intern - Comeback Trail
Volunteer Project Title: Public Relations Intern - Comeback Trail
Department: Marketing and Communications
Volunteer Project Point of Contact: Jordan Ambron
Time Commitment: Minimum: 20 hours per week / 250 hours per semester
Preferred: 4 month commitment
Location: Centennial (Denver), CO
The National Stroke Association is seeking an intern for the 2018 Comeback Trail 5K event series. The Comeback Trail is the largest annual fundraising and public awareness campaign for the National Stroke Association. In 2018, Comeback Trail 5K runs/walks will take place in 15 cities across the United States. The Comeback Trail brings together stroke survivors, families and healthcare professionals to raise awareness and funds for the nation’s fifth leading cause of death.
Impact of Internship:
The Public Relations Intern assists the marketing team on tasks involving public relations and marketing, helping to expand the visibility of the Comeback Trail event series. The public relations/marketing intern will report directly to the Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications. Duties will include any of the following responsibilities, as well as other, unlisted duties:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with local and national media
- Assist with building and maintaining press kits
- Assist with posting event information to web sites and publications
- Assist with finding new distribution channels for event information
- Assist with media tracking and gathering metrics
- Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
Skills and Qualifications Needed:
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of public relations and traditional media
- High comfort level with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and other standard office equipment.
If you are interested in information about applying for this internship, please send resume and letter of interest addressing learning goals and academic interests to:
Senior Coordinator, Programs
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: