Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
Support Line Volunteer
POSITION OVERVIEW: The volunteer will be trained to answer the support line, input caller information, use online database, and search for more resources on the web. The volunteer may provide information and support to parents and caregivers on the Support Line, research and update state-wide resources, speak with professionals and assist in disseminating information, through mail or email, about our services into the community.
- Answer calls, inquiries for the Support line
- Provide a safe environment and listening ear for parents, grandparents and others to vent and problem solve
- Provide information about other community resources available to families and children (therapeutic, supportive, informative, recreational, etc.)
- Record keeping (for statistical purposes)
- Conduct follow-up calls to ensure that parents are getting the help they need
- Learn and have a good understanding of the parenting programs offered through Families First
- Update state-wide resources for families in Database
- Search for website resources, scan and categorize printed resources, assist with monthly library maintenance (enter new titles in database, conduct inventory, update wish list, adhere labels)
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: