Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:16+
Respite Care needed!
Purpose/Objective: Help provide childcare for Anchor Center siblings (typically children 2 through 8 years old) while their parents/caregivers enjoy a night/day out.
Commitment/Dates: March-December (during school year) See attached calendar. Orientation/Training is REQUIRED
Training/Support: Before each Respite event there will be an orientation and training approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes before scheduled start time via Anchor Center program staff. On your first shift of volunteering with the respite program you must attend this training. You only need to attend the training one time.
Dinner: Dinner/Snacks are provided
Work Location: Anchor Center, 2550 Roslyn St. Denver, CO 80238
Number of Volunteers Needed for this Position: 5
Scheduling and Attendance Protocol: If for some reason you need to cancel your shift call or email Sarah ASAP. Please give us at much notice as possible as our child registration numbers counts on your participation. Last minute cancellations or no shows impact our programming and children’s success so please understand your commitment before signing up. Call Anchor Center’s main number to get up to date snow closure information.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set-up designated room and activities before children arrive
- Engage children in age appropriate activities and play (Could include: arts & crafts, outdoor riding bikes/play, reading books, board games, themed activities…ect)
- Notify staff if ever a child needs to go to bathroom, diaper change or gets hurt
- Never leave a child unsupervised
- Help clean up after respite program has ended
- Has experience and feels comfortable with children ages 0 to 8 years
- Patient, easy-going and flexible; reliable in keeping commitments
- No problems lifting small children
- Ability to sit/kneel on and get up from floor
Benefits for Volunteer: Having fun playing with Anchor Center students and their siblings. Satisfaction in helping Anchor Center parents enjoy a child-free evening!
Staff Contact: Sarah Rice - Volunteer Program Manager
Phone: 303-377-9732 x 110
Scheduling and Attendance Protocol: If for some reason you need to cancel your shift, you must provide a weeks notice by calling or emailing Sarah. Please give us at much notice as possible as our child registration numbers counts on your participation. Last minute cancellations or no-shows impact our programming and children’s success so please understand your commitment before signing up.
Availability needed: See Assignment Preferences via Application link for all dates and times
Volunteer Application: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=540798033
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: