Age Minimum (with Adult): 21+, Minimum Age:21+
IES Board of Directors
Institute for Environmental Solutions
Board of Directors Member
The Institute for Environmental Solutions (IES) is an independent nonprofit organization that engages stakeholders to deliver technically sound solutions to complex environmental and health problems — without unwanted side effects.
· Improve the environment through existing projects.
· Address environmental challenges by developing new project ideas for environmental improvement.
· Maintain independence and objectivity through becoming financially sustainable.
· Contribute to scientific knowledge and understanding of environmental improvement.
· Education and community involvement.
BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
The Board of Directors is a diverse group of energetic volunteers who care deeply about effective environmental protection. The Board welcomes applicants with any of the following qualifications:
· Strong marketing background
· Business, government, academic, and community leaders
· Involvement in the community
· Experience/interest in nonprofit organizations
· Knowledge/passion for environmental issues
· Able to attend meetings in Denver, Colorado
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resume to Carol Lyons at Carol@i4es.org.
BOARD ROLE: Members of the IES Board of Directors are responsible for promoting the welfare of IES and for overseeing the activities of the Institute established by the Board. The Board of Directors has the principal responsibility for fulfillment of the organization's mission and the legal accountability for its operations. As a group, it is in charge of establishing a clear organizational mission, forming the strategic plan to accomplish the mission, overseeing and evaluating the plan's success, hiring a competent Executive Director, and providing adequate supervision (including an annual performance review) and support to that individual, ensuring financial solvency of the organization, interpreting and representing the organization to the community, and instituting a fair system of policies and procedures for human resource management.
The Board establishes the policies of the Institute, consistent with established good practices of nonprofit corporate management and the mission of the Institute. Directors should be committed to establishing, maintaining, and achieving the mission and goals of the organization. The Board should reflect a range of skills and diversity of thought and technical expertise.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Of each Board member:
The Board members should be personally committed to the mission of the organization, willing to volunteer sufficient time and resources to help achieve the mission of the organization, and understand and fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities.
· Attend and participate in Board of Directors meetings and special meetings.
· Help to raise needed funds for IES.
· Help to recruit and orient new Board members.
· Become familiar with programs and projects of IES, and provide feedback to help facilitate these programs.
· Recommend other people and organizations that might help IES.
· Build relationships and collaborate with potential and current funders of IES.
· Support IES financially with a yearly contribution of your choosing.
Of the Board of Directors in aggregate:
· Elect the directors and officers.
· Determine and maintain the Articles of Incorporation and bylaws of IES.
· Maintain fiduciary responsibility for the funds of IES. The Board should annually approve the organization’s budget and assess the organization’s financial performance in relation to the budget.
· Develop and approve IES policies for the effective, efficient, and cost-effective operation of the organization.
· Assure that IES functions within appropriate legal, fiscal, and ethical constraints. The Board should ensure that an internal review of the organization’s compliance with known existing legal, regulatory, and financial reporting requirements is conducted annually and that a summary of the results of the review is provided to the entire Board.
· Conduct an annual review of its own performance.
Institute for Environmental Solutions
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: