Rocky Mountain MicroFinance Institutehttp://www.rmmfi.org
RMMFI is a community creating economic and social mobility through entrepreneurship. RMMFI helps curious people transform into serious entrepreneurs through personal, business, and financial investments.
As a Community Development Financial Institution with over 10 years of experience, RMMFI has supported Denver’s under-resourced entrepreneurs with business development, personal capacity-building, and lending. RMMFI focuses on the "whole entrepreneur" and uses business ownership as a tool for socioeconomic mobility.
In 11 years, RMMFI is proud to have:
- Distributed $547,035 in 216 loans to low-income entrepreneurs, with a 95% repayment rate
- Graduated 27 classes of Business Launch Boot Camp with an 85% graduation rate, which resulted in the launch or expansion of 226 businesses in Denver and Aurora
- Become a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) from the U.S. Treasury
- Won the 2019 National Innovation Award from American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
- Been named a 2013, 2018, & 2019 Top Company Finalist (Nonprofit) by COBiz Magazine
- Won the 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, & 2019 Right on the Money Award from CUA
- Received the 2016 Small Nonprofit of the Year award from the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Won the 2011 Colorado Innovation in Philanthropy Award from Bank of the West