About 15.5 million youth volunteer, providing 1.3 billion hours to community service projects each year! That's 55% of young people ages 12 to 19, which is close to double that of adult volunteerism. Youth who volunteer...:
- ...are more likely to feel connected to their communities and, do better in school, and are less likely to engage in risky behavior.
- ...are more likely to volunteer if their entire family is involved in the effort, and the shared experience can result in strengthened familial bonds.
- ...are most likely to volunteer in Education and Services for other youth.
- ...are over 60% more likely to donate and volunteer at charitable organizations in adulthood, regardless of income.
- ...are 19% more likely to graduate from college.
- ...are 27% more likely to find employment.(Source: youth.gov)
The numbers don't lie...Youth Volunteering makes a BIG Impact!