WE ARE IGNITERS INSPIRING INDIVIDUALS ACROSS GENERATIONS TO ENGAGE, CONNECT, AND SPARK THEIR PASSION FOR SERVICE AND GOOD.
About 15.5 million youth volunteer, providing 1.3 billion hours to community service projects each year! That's 55% of young people ages 12 to 19, which is close to double that of adult volunteerism. Youth who volunteer...:
- ...are more likely to feel connected to their communities and, do better in school, and are less likely to engage in risky behavior.
- ...are more likely to volunteer if their entire family is involved in the effort, and the shared experience can result in strengthened familial bonds.
- ...are most likely to volunteer in Education and Services for other youth.
- ...are over 60% more likely to donate and volunteer at charitable organizations in adulthood, regardless of income.
- ...are 19% more likely to graduate from college.
- ...are 27% more likely to find employment.(Source: youth.gov)
The numbers don't lie...Youth Volunteering makes a BIG Impact!
The recent traumatic events that occurred in Uvalde, Texas are a reflection of similar events happening almost daily in many locations across the country at an alarming rate. Our communities are hurting. There are resources available to help you and your children navigate trauma and create safe spaces to talk about violence. Visit Navigate360 for a variety of resources for you and your family >>>